2017 Pittsburgh CIO of the Year Awards Nominations: Requirements and Instructions
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Nomination Requirements | About CIO of the Year
Nomination Form: CLOSED
Nomination Form: CLOSED
The Pittsburgh CIO of the Year Awards honor individual technology executives for their innovation and creativity in the planning and deployment of enterprise systems, future IT goals, management philosophy, corporate culture and service to the industry and community.
To meet the criteria to be nominated for Pittsburgh CIO of the Year Awards, a nominee, must:
- Hold the job title of chief information officer or the most senior level IT position within his/her employer’s organization. For CISO category, hold the title of chief information security officer of the most senior level information security position.
- Work at a Southwestern Pennsylvania-based business or local subsidiary.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of executive IT experience with eighteen (18) months of tenure at his/her current employer’s organization.
- Possess primary responsibility for the technical performance of information security of his/her employer’s organization.
- Demonstrate innovative leadership through effective use of technology in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her employer’s organization.
- Represent the highest standards of leadership in information technology.
- Garner the respect and be recognized as a role model by his/her peers and staff.
Other Important Information
- Winners of the 2016 CIO of the Year Awards are not eligible to be nominated for the 2017 awards.
- Nominees are not required to be a member of the Greater Pittsburgh CIO Group or be employed by a Pittsburgh Technology Council member company.
- Finalists will be required to participate in a photo/video shoot.
- If you are nominating someone other than yourself, the nominee must be notified of the nomination and must approve the content provided on the nomination form.
- Note: There is a fee for all attendees coming to the CIO of the Year event.
CIOs and CISOs will be judged on the following criteria: technical depth, accomplishments in current role, strategic vision, partner to executive team, vendor/service provider partner, staff development, service to the industry and community and overall quality of nominee.
About 2017 CIO of the Year
2017 CIO of the Year will be hosted at the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh on March 22.
This is your annual opportunity to recognize and honor the hard work of CIOs and CISOs for their accomplishments at the biggest celebratory event of the year honoring these heroes of the IT world. Cocktails, dinner, and networking round out the night to make this the not-to-miss event for your IT department.
Past finalists include executives from companies of all sizes, non-profits, and education. Each year, the overall most deserving finalist, is presented with the CIO Choice Award.
Who is eligible: chief information officers, chief information security officers, or those in equivalent positions, are recognized for their innovation and creativity in planning and deploying their enterprise systems, future technology goals, management philosophy and service to the industry and community.