Join us as we work to promote the future pipeline of technology talent in the region. The 2018 STEM Summit is a one-day event designed to showcase the diverse array of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math related careers that are available in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Who should consider attending?
• K-12 educators, administrators, and guidance counselors
• Senior high school students (9th- 12th grades)
• College/University educators, students, administrators, and career counselors
• Business Leaders- Future Employers
At this year’s STEM Summit, attendees will have the opportunity to not only learn from our distinguished panel about diverse career opportunities in the energy and telecommunications industries, but also to hear from and visit some of the most exciting technology companies in the region.
• AT&T – Michael Flanagan, Principal Network Planning Engineer, AT&T.
• Columbia Gas – Andy Tubbs, Vice President of External and Customer Affairs.
• Duquesne Light Company – Gunther Hehn, Managing Director Operations Applications.
• Pennsylvania American Water –Jimmy Sheridan, VP of Operations.
• Peoples Gas – Jeffrey Nehr, Vice President, Business Development.
• FirstEnergy – George Farah, VP of Fossil Engineering and Support.
• Pennsylvania PUC – Chairman Gladys M. Brown.
CONFIRMED TOUR LOCATIONS:
WHEN: Thursday, May 10, 2018 | 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
WHERE: Robert Morris University, Yorktown Hall, 8256 University Blvd., Moon Township, PA 15108
AGENDA: (subject to change)
7:15 am: Check-In, Networking & Breakfast Buffet
8:00 am: Event Kickoff by the Pittsburgh Technology Council
8:15–9:30 am: STEM in Telecommunications and Energy, Panel moderated by PA Public Utility Commission
9:30-9:45 am: Break; Pick up Box Lunch
9:45-10:00 am: Board Buses for Company Tours
10:00 am: Depart for 1st Company Tours
10:30 am: Arrive at Companies & Begin Tour/Presentations
12:00-12:30 pm: Lunch Break at 1st Tour Company
12:30-12:45 pm: Board Buses & depart for 2nd Tour Company
1:15 pm: Arrive at 2nd Companies and Begin Tour/Presentations
2:45 pm: Finish 2nd Tour and Board Bus for return trip
3:15 pm: Depart for Home
Member: $99 / Non-Member: $175
Special rate for Educators & Students (Valid ID required) of $25. Please contact Sandra Rose for registration & payment.
Registration link on the right side of page.